Interior design is a powerful tool that can transform any living space into a beautiful and functional home. However, it can also be difficult to navigate, especially if you’re new to the field. To help you make the most of your interior design project, here are some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind.
• Do invest in quality pieces. When it comes to furniture and other large items, it’s worth investing in quality pieces that will last for years to come.
• Do consider the function of the space. Think about how you plan to use the space and design it accordingly.
• Do experiment with color. Color can be a great way to add visual interest to any room.
• Do embrace your personal style. Your home should reflect your own unique style and personality.
• Do accessorize. Accessories can be a great way to tie the design of a room together.
• Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Don’t be afraid to mix different styles and colors to create a unique look.
• Don’t forget about lighting. Lighting can make or break a room, so be sure to consider it when designing.
• Don’t overcrowd the space. Too much furniture or décor can make a room feel cluttered and overwhelming.
• Don’t forget about scale. Make sure that the furniture and décor you choose are in proportion to the size of the room.
• Don’t forget to have fun. Interior design should be an enjoyable experience, so don’t be afraid to have fun with it!
By following these do’s and don’ts, you’ll be well on your way to creating a beautiful and functional space. Good luck!